You have organized a conference or meeting in Saarbrücken in the Congresshalle or the Saarlandhalle, and want to show your participants something of the beautiful SaarLorLux region?
Here are some excursions in the local region – in the footsteps of history, culture and nature
- World cultural heritage of Völklinger Ironworks: This gargantuan ironworks is famed for being the world’s sole preserved ironworks from the heyday of the iron and steel industry.
- Benedictine Abbey in Tholey: this spiritual centre of Saarland is well worth a visit.
- Bostalsee and St. Wendeler Land
- Roman Villa at Borg: Learn how privileged people lived 2000 years ago.
- UNESCO Bliesgau Biosphere Reserve
- Wolfspark run by behavioural scientist Werner Freund In Merziger Kammerforst you can become the enthralled observer of wolf packs from different continents.
- The Saarschleife (where the river makes a spectacular hairpin bend) is the famous landmark of the Saarland, and the banks have a treetop trail.
- Adventure mine Velsen – “enter into the mountain”.
More about possible places to visit
Our local tourism partners “Kongress- und Touristik Service Region Saarbrücken GmbH” (KONTOUR) will create a programme of ancillary events with organised trips and special guided tours in Saarbrücken and the greater SaarLorLux.